So, I’m going to identify a couple of initial issues I’ve discovered with the default Linaro/Lubuntu Server image on the CubieBoard, and document how I’m getting around them, mostly for my own personal future reference, just so that if I have to start from scratch again, I have a frame of reference.
- HDMI Overscan is far too much. I can’t see the top or bottom couple of lines of the console display, and I’d say there’s probably 4 characters to the left missing (so, presumably about 4 missing on the right, too).
- It doesn’t detect my WiFi dongle. I’m using a TP-Link TL-WN725N Version 2 which uses the RTL8188EU chipset. This was actually detected just fine and worked perfectly in a couple of the Android images I’d tested. This version of the dongle was so much of a bugger to try to get working on the Pi that I gave up and just used a Netgear dongle instead that was automatically detected.